In writing news, I finished the first draft of the PB. It’s in at 767 words, which is 267 words over target. The set up is too long anyway, so it’s a good candidate for paring. The language is rough, of course. The biggest problem is voice. There’s a POV shift in one paragraph, and I lost the voice at the end. The first close edit of the MG fantasy is coming along. Chapters 1-12 have been line-edited for structure and voice, and those pesky dangling plot lines are getting the ax. I’m trying to cut this draft down from 45k to about 30k words to fit its audience. That means removing a lot of internal monologue, which is always fun. Finally, I’ve gotten back on track with the current YA, meeting my word quota for the first time since Wednesday. No word on any submissions.
Written by : thunderchikin
Subscribe To My Newsletter
BE NOTIFIED ABOUT BOOKS, SIGNINGS, ETC.