Beware: Blatant Self-Promotion Ahead!
1. Julie Prince has posted an interview with me about Soul Enchilada at YA Books Central.
2. professornana has posted the first official review of Soul Enchilada. Excerpt: “Bug is no damsel in distress (and she would be the first to hit you upside the head for thinking that) but she cannot win without some assistance. Enter Pesto, not a swashbuckling Errol Flynn, but a thoughtful compatriot armed with some knowledge of the netherworld. El Paso and Hispanic culture meets West Texas hardscrabble landscape with more than a tad of humor. SOUL ENCHILADA is a tasty book.”
3. Publishers Weekly mentioned Bug Smoot in its Spring 2009 Sneak Previews
4. The novel is available for pre-order from independents such as Books Inc. and if you have to, Amazon.
5. I’m tired of talking about myself, so I’ll mention that this our last week with the boy before he goes off to college. We’re planning to spend a few minutes together playing Rock Band (my birthday present from the family) before he leaves, if he can manage to wake up before dinner time.